Ann Marie Deas, Licensed Acupuncturist, M.T.C.M., M.S.P.H.Ann Marie has worked and trained in the health field for 20 years. Her passion, warmth, and dedication is evident from the first moment you meet her. She deeply believes in acupuncture’s power as healing medicine, as well as it being a well-spring for overall wellness and vitality.
She fell in love with Acupuncture 15 years ago as a patient. After experiencing the unexpected loss of a loved one in her early twenties, depression became a normal part of everyday life.
Conventional medical therapies provided some relief, but it wasn’t until she started receiving regular acupuncture treatments that she was able to move through and beyond the depression.
She was so inspired by this transformational experience that she decided to make it her life’s purpose to bring these benefits to others.
She holds a Master’s Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine, from Five Branches University and is certified as a Diplomate in Acupuncture (Dipl.Ac.) by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
Ann Marie also earned a Master’s of Science in Public Health from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in 2001. She has coordinated nationally-funded epidemiological research studies, is published in several national research journals, and has been a guest speaker at several national health conferences. She integrates her biomedical research background through evaluation of how research findings apply to clinical practice.
She has a special interest in the unique health issues arising after the age of forty, such as hormonal imbalances, peri-menopause, menopause, weight gain, and Adrenal Fatigue. She has observed the prevalence of these problems to be rampant in the Bay Area, leading to significant distress and decreased quality of life. She is inspired to help her patients cultivate strategies to manage and thrive during this important developmental life shift.
When not in the clinic, Ann Marie can be found exploring the abundance of nature in the Bay Area.
- Master’s of Traditional Chinese Medicine (MTCM), Five Branches University, Santa Cruz, CA
- Master’s of Science in Public Health (MSPH), University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO
- Bachelor's of Arts, Psychology, magna cum laude, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- Licensed Acupuncturist, California
- Licensed Acupuncturist, Colorado
- Diplomate of Acupuncture (Dipl.Ac.), National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Certified Clean Needle Technique, Council of Colleges for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine